Wireless range extenders are a class of standalone devices that sit between the router and the device that is going to be connected to the router. Wireless range extenders, wireless repeaters, and wireless range boosters are often used interchangeably to describe a tool that can extend the WiFi routers range. Netgear WiFi range extenders are very popular among consumers. If you have purchased a Netgear WiFi range extenders recently and trying to set it up, visit Netgear WiFi range extender setup for more information.
There are certain common issues that arise when setting up the router if not done correctly, which can be avoided if you set it up with the help of a detailed guide like the one mentioned above.
If you are wondering why you see the Netgear genie repeatedly, even after completing the setup of the Netgear WiFi range extender, read on this article.
Netgear Genie is a desktop web application that works on both Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS and helps you set up your Netgear devices. If you see the Netgear genie again and again in your browser even after completing the setup of Netgear WiFi range extender, there might be something wrong with your connection. In this brief troubleshooting guide, we are going to help you solve this problem.
A list of small list of things that you can try by yourself is given here.
- The first and the simplest method to solve the issues with Netgear Genie is to make sure that the Netgear WiFi range extender is connected to the power outlet properly. If the Netgear WiFi range extender is connected correctly and configured, then next up, try doing something else.
- Open the web browser from your desktop PC and clear its cache and cookies. The issues related to Netgear Genie are often caused due to preloaded web pages displayed by your browser. If that doesn’t work, try using the internet from a different web browser. If you are using chrome on windows, try Microsoft edge; if you are using a Mac, try switching to some browser other than safari.
- Another that can be done which has good chances of solving your problem is to update your firmware. If you reencounter Netgear Genie, try to access the check for the update menu and see if any new updates are available. If a new update is available, hit the update now button and wait for the update to complete.
- If you are still facing issues with the Netgear Genie and Netgear WiFi range extender, try doing a complete factor data reset. Note that this will wipe all your data from the router, and you will have to set up the device again from scratch.
- If Netgear Genie continues to appear after trying all the steps mentioned above, you can contact the customer care service for a quick resolution of your issue. A specialized customer service person will be able to assist you better.