Are you worried about your Netgear router setup? If yes, then you don’t have to worry anymore. In this article, we will tell you how you can easily set up your Netgear Router. Netgear is one of the most popular and trusted brands in the routers industry, Netgear makes routers offer a wide range of products, including wifi, ethernet, and stuff like that. Their primary focus is on quality. There are three ways to configure your router; if you don’t have a computer to set up your router, you can set up your router through other devices like mobiles. so without any further delay lets discuss them
Netgear Router Setup Wizard Method
- Firstly, you have to connect your modem to the router.
- After that, you have to connect your computer to one of your Netgear router’s ethernet ports.
- Then you have to press the power button of your router. ( After pressing, you will see LED lights glowing on the router).
- After that, you have to open any search browser in your computer and type your routers IP address on the search window). You can find your routers IP at the back of your router.
- Then, you will be prompted to a new window.
- In that window, you have entered the username and password; the default username is admin, and the password is also admin.
- After this, you have to click on the Advanced>Setup Wizard option.
- Then you will be displayed to a new page where you have to tap on yes option and click next.
- Your router will detect your internet connection.
- After that, again, you will be prompted to username and password window, you have to type your username and password( This will be your username and password from next time).
- After entering, you have to click on the confirm option to proceed further.
- Then you will be asked some security questions; you have to answer and submit.
- After submitting a new congratulations page will be displayed.
- Then, you have to click on the next option.
- After this, you will be displayed to a new firmware update page.
- If there is some firmware, you can update them; if nothing is displayed, you can click on Ok.
- If a firmware update is available, you can click on Yes to update the firmware.
- The firmware is updated.
- Then, you will be prompted to the login page.
- You have to enter the username and password which you have set earlier.
- Hurray, your Router is successfully installed.
Wireless Device Method
- To use this method, You have to plug-in the ethernet cable to the Internet port of your router.
- After that, you have to switch on your modem( make sure all the lights become stable).
- Then you have t power On your router until the light becomes stable.
- After that, you have to look at the back of your router and find preset wireless settings.
- Then you have to go on your wireless device network and ope the wifi manager in your device and select Netgear router.
- After that, you have to tap on your network and enter your wifi password when you are prompted.
- Then you have to open any browser or search engine in your device.
- After that, you have to type routerlogin.com in the search window.
- Then you will be displayed to anew page where you have to fill all the login credentials.
- The default credentials are admin and password.
- After that, you have to follow all the guidelines and on-screen instructions to configure your router.
- Voila! Your router is installed.
Netgear Router Setup Error 1662
Error 1662 occurs when your router is not installed successfully. The wifi router setup is incomplete until you change its settings. So make sure that you edit the basic and advanced settings of your router. It is essential to change your router settings Don’t know how to do so? You can follow the below steps:
- Firstly you have open any browser in your computer and type your routers default IP address.
- After that, The browser will take you to a new page.
- You have to log in to the routers settings page.
- After logging in, you have to tap on the wireless section.
- Then you have to input your desired network name in the SID field ( I will advise you not to use private data as others can also view it).
- After that, you have to enter your password in the key option.
- Then, you have to click on Ok to apply changes.
After this also you are unable to install your router then, We will recommend you to take help from an expert.
Are you unable to go online with your devices or lost internet connection? If yes, then you don’t have to worry, you can follow the below-given steps to fix Internet issues.
- Disconnect your modem with the router and reconnect it.
- Then try to aces the login page.
- In case, If you are unable to open the routers login page, then you check the cable connections.
- Make sure that all cables are connected correctly.
Read More: Netgear Extender Setup