Netgear Wifi Extender Setup (Manual method)
Have you purchased a Netgear wifi extender? But worried about how to set up; don’t worry, you can set up your extender at your home quickly you don’t need an expert to set up your extender you just have to follow the following steps carefully. There are two ways to setup Netgear extender, so without wasting time, let’s discuss them.
- After unboxing your extender, Keep it on the table (Make sure that you don’t keep your extender and wifi too close to each other).
- Now you have to plug in the power cable in your extender.
- Turn ON the switch and let all the LED lights glow( In case if your extender LED lights don’t glow make sure that you press ON/OFF button.
- After that, you have to connect your router with the help of a cable.
- Then, Open any search engine in your device and search www mywifiext net (You will see that a new page is opened).
- Click on “new extender setup”( Make sure that you accept their terms and condition).
- Then, You have to choose admin credentials.
- After that, you will be asked two security questions(These questions will be used to recover your admin panel).
- Click Next.
- Then you have to choose a username and password( make sure that you choose tough one).
- Then click on OK to save your settings.
- Now you can unplug your extender from the switch and make sure to disconnect the cable which you have connected before.
- After that, Move your extender to a new location where your signals are not coming.
- Check that your LED light turns to solid green( If not then place the extender a bit closer to router).
- Now you can connect your device to wifi.
- After that, make sure that you test the signals of your wifi( You can move your device where you found low signals before).
- Hurray! You are done.
Netgear Extender Setup (WPS Method)
Did you found the manual method a bit tricky? If yes then you can try this one out. You can also set up your extender using the WPS method and it is one of the easiest ways to set up but you have to follow the steps correctly.
- Firstly you have to power ON your extender.
- After that, you have to press the WPS button continuously until your router will perfectly configure with the extender.
- Make sure that you press the WPS button of your router also.
- In case, If you are unable to connect and don’t see green LED light then you can try the manual method.
- Make sure that green light turns to solid green.
- Once you see the green LED light on your router you can enter a password and username for your extender and take care of it that you use the same username and password which you have set for your router. ( later you can change).
- Now, You can unplug your extender.
- Hurray, You have connected your extender with wifi using the WPS method.
Netgear Extender Setup by mywifiext.net IP 192.168.1.250
192.168.1.250 is the default IP It will be used to set up your Netgear extender. To login to Netgear extender, you simply have to type 192.168.1.250 this in any search engine. When you type this, you will be displayed to a new page where you can easily configure your extender. Most of the users will comment that this site can’t be reached. You are unable to visit the website because the IP is usable in a private location, Not in the public network. Now you will say that what are the reasons I am unable to connect.
Reasons why you are unable to connect
- Connectivity issues.
- Maybe your firmware is not updated.
- Your extender is power Off.
- Your wifi connection is disabled
- Chat with our network experts now for more help
One of the main reasons is that you are entering the wrong IP address. Make sure to check once before joining. Well, these are some reasons why you are unable to connect.
Read More: Netgear Ex7000 Extender Setup